Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 1 in the ER

So today was the first day of my 4th year rotations and also my first day of my first Audition Rotation in the Emergency Department. All I have to say is WOW!!!!! I love it. In a matter of 30 minutes, the ED went from having 1 patient to about 15-20. Today I saw Dental Pathology, Palpitations, musculoskeletal chest pain, high risk pregnancy with pelvic pain, sickle cell crisis, cellulitis. It took me a little bit to get my sea legs back after not seeing patients in about a month and a half while I was studying for boards. But I have to say, after each patient I was getting better and better. A couple of times I was nervous, I said I did not get meds and allergies when I actually did. Now that the butterflies are out of my stomach, tomorrow will be my time to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment