Saturday, October 23, 2010

Passed the BOARDS!!!!!!!

Well, I received my board scores and I passed COMLEX II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a relief that was. I do not have to take that exam again. And while it was not very very high, it was a respectable pass and even higher than my step I score.

What did I do? Well, first and foremost I ensured that I did practice questions. In total, I did 2,500 practice questions using question banks from COMBANK and COMQUEST. I also used the kaplan website, which my school gave us a subscription to (gave us, it was really added to out tuition). In addition I used a variety of books to study from including the kaplan set we received. The books included are listed below. Now all I have to do is wait for the PE score.

One of the hardest things was to keep on telling my 4 year old that I could not play candyland with her.  But I promised her that when I finished my test that I would play with her. And as a non trad, it is VERY important to keep your promises. Your family is your support and if you let them down, they will be hard pressed to support you in the future. So when I promise my wife that we are going to go out on a Saturday night, I find the babysitter and I we go. When I tell my daughter that I will play with her, I make sure that I do it.

I am now in the start of interview season for residency. Because my wife does not want to move unless we have no choice, I selected to give myself a 1-1.25 hour driving radius for which to apply for residency. So far, I have 4 interviews and with my board score back I am hoping to get several more.

Remember non trads, you can do it. You really need to be patient and you need to fulfill the promises you make.  Below are the books I used for boards review, including step 1.



   

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on passing the Boards!! That is so great. I hope you find a super residency too.

    ReplyDelete