Sunday, May 15, 2011

1 week to go

So here I am, one week before convocation where I officially become a doctor. It has been something. These last 2 weeks, unlike many of my fellow students, I have had to make up my radiology rotation. And since they are very laid back about it, I have been going in the mornings and getting my fill of CT images, MRIs, and flat plates. Once I have seen a bunch I usually go. The radiologists prefer that since they have a lot of work to do, and I ask questions and go over the chest images with them. But I am learning. Also, I am taking it easy since there are no exams or other requirements for this rotation. It gives me something to do in the morning.

This past weekend, I went with my father to get a new car. It was great, not only spending some quality time with my father but also it is a sign that I am finally getting on with my life where it should go. Up until recently, I had a 2000 Chevy tracker that I needed to get a couple of years ago because my car at the time was always going back to the mechanic for breaks. Well, this car just kept leaking like a sieve and it was not very reliable. I was throwing good money after bad in order to get it to stay on the road. Finally I decided to drive it into the ground until I can get a more reliable car. And this happened late last week.

I was able to get a 2009 PT Cruiser with very, very low mileage on it. And with the help of my parents, I was able to finance it. And when I finish fellowship, it will be all mine!!!! It is a sleek black color, which is what I was looking for. It kind of feels like a graduation present, but one that I bought myself and that I have to pay the bank to eventually own outright. Heck, when you are $250,000 in debt when is another few thousand right?

Now that the car headache has been taken care of, I can focus on the loan repayment headache. But, that is nothing that I have not dealt with before.

Well dear readers, till next time.





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, DOCTOR!! That is so awesome. It sounds like a neat car too. Keep us posted on what happens now.

    ReplyDelete