Thursday, June 16, 2011

Calm before the storm

So I am relaxing right now. I have until next week, exactly, to be able to sit at the dining room table with a cup of coffee and be able to drink it properly and not have to wait for a red light to prevent spillage. In the meantime, I have house-husband stuff to do. For instance, put away the laundry, clean the house, pick up the girls from the babysitter, pick them up from the bus stop. But that is all in the afternoon.

I plan on going fishing at least once this next week and even hitting the driving range before I start. The good news is that I was able to secure a residency loan to keep the family afloat until I start earning a regular paycheck. This, in addition to more cost cutting items will certainly help. Some of the cutting is to shift money from a low interest rate CC to a higher one in order to pay that off more quickly. I found out that the local supermarket offers free family movies once a month. Free tv shows and movies on the internet such as hulu and comcast. But also I discovered Groupon, where you can get things at a cheaper price. Let's see how that works out.

Also this week, rather than going to the movies at night, the wife and I will take in a matinee. Since the girls are in school or at the babysitter, no need to pay extra. And matinees are usually 1/2 the price.

During this time, I am also starting to work on a new concept for Old Pre Meds, and that is a Northeast Regional Conference. One that is only for day and will provide a good amount of information but will also introduce people to the larger, annual conference. I do not know where or when it will be held but stay tuned. And if you are in the area, please check it out.

I really should start ramping up the reading, considering I have been decompressing. See you later.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment